GARDEN SERVICES MANAGER – $25 TO $35/HR + BENEFITS
What better way to spend a day than working in Montana outdoors, making new friends, and sharing stories about your latest weekend adventures all while creating and maintaining beautiful landscapes with an amazing team of talented co-workers? Perks include fun teammates, beautiful sceneries, work you can be proud of, feeling of accomplishment, working in the fresh air, growth opportunities, and great pay to name a few!
JOB REQUIREMENTS + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leadership Qualities – take ownership of projects, able to lead by example, be emotionally intelligent, show kindness, be a learner, build team and company morale, ensure quality, be motivated, clear communicator, be professional, strong organizational skills
- Landscape Experience – horticultural, agricultural, gardening, maintenance
- Insurable Driver’s License – must be valid, must have an insurable record
- Physically Able – able to work for long hours both on and off feet, able to lift <>50 lbs., withstand the elements
- Flexible – must be flexible with work schedule, project demands, and work as needed to meet time restraints, occasionally assisting landscape install crews to meet project deadlines or help with plantings
- Growing Clientele – cold calling, reaching out to existing property managers and past customers, email campaigning, email follow-ups
- Growing Garden Service Division – team recruiting, hanging flyers, attending job fairs and other recruiting events, photography of team and projects for use in online marketing, marketing portfolio, future recruitment
Known for quality and professionalism, our team takes pride in crafting and maintaining beautiful custom landscapes. We value integrity and professionalism in team members and foster an environment of creativity, learning, and fun. If you are a highly motivated individual who loves creating luxury landscapes and enjoys working with and leading others, we are looking for you! The expectation for a Garden Service Manager is that they lead by going first, working beside the crew, and instructing in a clear and concise manner while ensuring jobs and tasks are completed. This position requires constant and effective communication between Solstice management and our clients/client representatives. This position will work consistently with the Garden Service Crew Leader(s) to estimate, contract, and schedule jobs and team members. Responsibilities in this position include planning, scheduling, and coordinating with existing clients to take care of their properties all season long. Daily duties include but are not limited to communication with Solstice management, lining crew out on tasks, gathering materials from vendors, maintaining nursery plants/trees at our facility, and filling out DAILY JOB TRACKING SHEETS thoroughly and accurately with vendor receipts attached. As the on-site representative of Solstice Landscaping, the Garden Service Manager must conduct themselves professionally both in appearance and conduct. The Garden Service Manager will work closely together with other Solstice Managers to ensure the needed equipment and supplies are available. While education and experience are highly valuable for this position, they are not mandatory.
PAY + BENEFITS
$25.00 to $35+ / hour + BENEFITS DOE. Potential benefits include: annual salary, paid vacation and holidays, 4-day workweek based on project demands, retirement matching, company vehicle for commute, health insurance stipend, company advancement, bonuses, and monthly company BBQ hangouts.